Share Your Ideas, Knowledge and Experience!
Are you interested in sharing your knowledge with an audience of experienced information security professionals from a variety of industries? GR-ISSA is always looking for subject matter experts that can present at our monthly events (3rd Friday of every month).
Presentations can address any issue that infosec professionals face for example – business skills, technical updates, legal knowledge.
– Mobile Security: Wireless, Mobile Apps, Cloud Security, Tablets and Smartphones
– Securing the End Users: Security Awareness Training, Social Media, Access Control
– Application Security: Application Security, Security Development Lifecycle
– Infrastructure: Endpoint Security, Network Security, Data Loss Prevention, Pen/Vulnerability Testing, Security Intelligence, Data Protection, Architecture
– Incident Response: Updates, Forensics, Law Enforcement, eDiscovery, Threat Intelligence
– Laws and Regulations: Legal Updates, GRC, Standards, Privacy Regulations, Digital Supply Chain
– Business Skills for the Information Security Professional: Presenting the Business Case for Information Security, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Communication Skills
– Career Development for the Information Security Professional: Career Paths for Information Security Professionals, Leadership Development, Personal and Professional Growth and Development
The audience comprises of knowledgeable information security practitioners with different level of experiences. Job functions and interests range from technical to management.
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST (1 hour 30 minutes).
Thank you for your willingness to present at our monthly event, we will follow-up by email with confirmation if your availability and topic meets our needs. The following are some guidelines to be aware of when submitting your information for consideration:
– Case studies, interactive sessions and advanced level presentations for experienced professionals are strongly encouraged.
– Information submitted such as biography, abstract etc will be published online and may be edited to conform to GR-ISSA style guide.
– Projectors will be available, please be prepared to use your own laptop.
– All presentations must be educational in nature and may not promote any company, product or service.
– Speaking at an GR-ISSA event is a volunteer opportunity. Compensation for speaking fees and travel is not provided. Speakers will have an opportunity to network and support the information security community in Grand Rapids MI.